In 1982, Dr. Jane K. McNaught received her Ph.D. from the University of Minnesota in Educational Psychology with an emphasis in Counseling Psychology. During her internships, Dr. McNaught worked in a school setting as well as two different clinical mental health settings. During her internships Dr. McNaught provided psychological evaluations and treatment to adults, adolescents, and children with a variety of mental health issues. Subsequently after receiving her Master’s Degree, Dr. McNaught worked as a school psychologist. In this position, Dr. McNaught provided consultation to teachers regarding behavioral difficulties and worked with teachers to devise educational plans for students with special needs. In addition, Dr. McNaught provided assessments and assisted in developing educational plans for children identified with special needs. Dr. McNaught eventually developed a district-wide program for emotionally disturbed children.
Dr. McNaught has taken extensive post-graduate training over the past 35 years in Forensic Psychology. She has attended numerous Board Certified seminars presented by the American Academy of Forensic Psychology, which is a division of the American Psychological Association. Dr. McNaught is well versed in the understanding of the legal issues involved in the civil, criminal, and family law issues within her areas of expertise.
Dr. McNaught has been an invited speaker at numerous local as well as national and international professional conferences for psychologists, social workers, guardians and school administrators, physicians, attorneys and judges related to clinical and forensic issues. In addition, Dr. McNaught has been invited to participate in State and County Policy Making Boards related to sexual assault as well as divorce custody issues. Dr. McNaught is regarded as a state and national expert in the areas of: Sexual Assault, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, Divorce related issues, and Parental Alienation.
- Who’s Who in Colleges in America, 1971-72
- Academic Scholarship, 1971-72
- Highest Honors, Bethel College, 1972
- Who’s Who in America
- Marquis Who’s Who
- Hennepin County Family Court Neutral Service List
- Association of Family and Conciliation Courts (AFCC)
- American Psychological Association
- Division 41, Psychology and Law
- Division 39, Psychoanalysis
- Invited Participant: Minnesota Permanent Families Project, Supreme Court of Minnesota, 1985
- Advisory Committee, Hennepin County Attorney’s Office, 1985
- Chairperson, 1987 Annual Meeting, Minnesota Psychological Association
- Professional Society on the Abuse of Children, Charter Member
- Children and the Law Education Committee, Hamline University, 1993
- Children’s Justice Act State Task Force, 1993
- Minnesota Supreme Court Advisory Task Force on Visitation, Child Development Expert, December 1997
- McNaught Stageberg, J. (1994) How a Child Psychologist Can Assist Parties in Resolving Visitation and Custody Issues. Minnesota Family Law Journal Minneapolis, MN.
- McNaught, J. (1989) Treatment of Child Sexual Abuse. Virginia Child Protection Newsletter. Vol.29.